The game (of thrones) we all need.
This site has been around for four (count ’em) years? Damn. We’ve covered a ton of stuff in that time too (though not too recently; thanks adulthood) but the following are our Top Ten Posts of Alllllll Tiiiiiiiiimmmmeeeeeee
- MINIMALIST VIDEO GAMES POSTERS MIGHT BE THE BEST VIDEO GAME POSTERS
- FRIDAY THE 13TH! FLIX: TERMINAL INVASION
- A SINISTER TREND: HORROR MOVIES & THEIR BUDGETS
- FRIDAY NIGHT FLIX: ENTITY
- WEIRDEST SIMPSONS COUCH GAG EVER: ALL ANIMALS CAN SCREAM
- BORDERLANDS 2 GEAR: IS IT A PROBLEM IF I BUY ALL OF THESE?
- THE RISE AND REIGN OF NAPOLEON BONAPARTE….IN FIFA
- GOTcha…GAME OF THRONES INFORGRAPHICS BY NIGEL EVAN DENNIS
- NEXT STOP, KING’S LANDING: GAME OF THRONES SUBWAY MAPS
- ‘AFTER DAYZ’ SHORT FILM IS THE BEST ZOMBIE MOVIE I’VE SEEN ALL YEAR
Sooooo….guess I should be concentrating on Game of Thrones and horror movies then?
Andy Barefoot, just out there on the Internet, making crazy good data viz re: who all GoT smoked in all six Game of Thrones seasons and who did the smokin‘. So, so cool.
Looks like this, but, y’know, bigger & more interactive.
Watch the Throne, indeed.
Hey, there’s a new George R.R. Martin book coming out on Tuesday, 11/3. Just not the one you or anyone else wants. Instead, The World of Ice & Fire: The Untold History of Westeros and the Game of Thrones is a book about the art and history of the world of Westeros and GRRM and his co-authors stopped by the 92nd Street Y to yammer at fanboys & girls about it. You can listen to the yammering here and look at the pretty, pretty pictures below. After the jump, see my favorite depiction of The Wall, which I almost had in my grasp but I let it slip away. Sad face.
**UPDATE** Much more after the jump: