You’ve got 6 weeks or so to check out some dope new art from DC area artists inspired by Star Wars and/or The Last Jedi but all the cool kids (and me) will be there this Friday. Be there or get dropped into a Sarlaac Pit.
Holiday Starkillers celebrates the cultural phenomena of George Lucas’ epic space opera. In painting, photography, and sculpture, six rebel scum artists explore Star Wars’ films, thematic parallels, early conceptualizations, and astounding mass merchandising. Featuring works by Andrew Wodzianski, Scott G. Brooks, Chris Bishop, Greg Ferrand, Jared Davis, and Steve Strawn.
Exhibition runs December 11 – January 9, 2016.
I don’t remember the last time I watched anime on purpose but I am anxiously awaiting this. Like I’ve said before, I’m a total sucker for interesting new character designs and this fits that description like a thing that fits another thing real well.
Things to note:
- Hulk busts into the Sanctum Sanctorum (0:12)
- Human Vision (0:17)
- Super Hulkbuster armor (0:26)
- Black Widow has blonde hair (?) (0:27)
- Thanos speaks! (0:45)
- Weird sky thing (?) in NYC (0:57)
- Loki with the Cosmic Cube (1:07)
- Thanos arrives on Earth (1:09)
- New Spider-Man costume (1:17)
- Thor’s in some machine, doing a thing (1:20)
- A dark elf (Malekith, maybe?) (1:21)
- Bearded Captain America (1:26)
- Super Hulkbuster armor in effect (1:29)
- Black (Blonde?) Widow stabs someone with a spear (1:30)
- Dr. Strange’s magic fails him (1:33)
- Hippy Captain America throws a right cross in the desert (1:36)
- Thanos chokeslams Spider-Man (1:37)
- Loki stabs the Vision in the face gem (1:47)
- Thanos drops a gem on ’em…right into his FUCKING GAUNTLET (1:44)
- They call him “ol’ Thanos 2Gems” (1:49)
- Thanos kills (?) Iron Man (1:51)
- Winter Soldier standing shoulder to shoulder with what looks to be Wakandans (1:53)
- Winter Solider, War Machine, Captain America (all in black…like the Omen), The Hulk, someone from the Black Panther movie AND The Black Panther go out for a jog (1:59)
- Thor lost an eye (2:15)
- Who the hell are you guys? (2:19)
Did I miss anything?
This looks great but some questions:
- How are they going to cover Thanos gathering ALL of the Infinity gems (they are gems, not stones you bastards), setting himself up as God and then losing, all in the span of 2, maybe 2.5 hours?
- I wonder if they are going to actually kill off Iron Man, the Hulk, Blonde Widow, etc to make way for the next gen (ie cheaper) of Marvel superheroes?
Time to break out your soylent green, betty white and mennen black! The first look at the upcoming Deadpool 2 is here, just wrapped up in a calming, fuzzy Bob Ross tribute.
Looks like they are going in a…slightly different direction with this film.
After surviving a near fatal bovine attack, a disfigured cafeteria chef (Wade Wilson) struggles to fulfill his dream of becoming Mayberry’s hottest bartender while also learning to cope with his lost sense of taste. Searching to regain his spice for life, as well as a flux capacitor, Wade must battle ninjas, the yakuza, and a pack of sexually aggressive canines, as he journeys around the world to discover the importance of family, friendship, and flavor – finding a new taste for adventure and earning the coveted coffee mug title of World’s Best Lover.
A few covers, a fantasy band, a floor that promises not to eat you, a winery in Hell, a shocking reveal..lots of neat stuff going on in comics lately. Here’s what caught my eye:
I’d go see this band in a heartbeat
I just like this bonkers design
Yo! God’s dead, let’s snatch his ride
I am ashamed & embarrassed that I read this comic but this is too good to ignore
Am 100% on board with all Batman rogues gallery redesigns, especially ones that are this good.
Maestro fixin’ to turn old man logan into a greasy pile of ben-gay & metal bones