Yes, this is a mockery of every stupid brotastic FPS cliche going these days BUT IT’S ALSO AN ACTUAL GAME.
If you think I’m not going to incorporate the phrase ” It’s straight up dawg time” into the course of everyday conversation then you are sadly mistaken. Check out the site for how this project came to fruition after bubbling up from the NEOGaf forums.
DUDEBRO™ — MY SHIT IS FUCKED UP SO I GOT TO SHOOT/SLICE YOU II: IT’S STRAIGHT-UP DAWG TIME
Rating: M for Macho
Developer: Grimoire Assembly Forge™
Twitter: https://twitter.com/TheRealDudebro (hashtag: #DawgTime)
In a world where brodiocity is under attack, legendary war veteran John Dudebro™ and his fiery sidekick Habemus Chicken will rise for the greater good, and a few pints of beer.
Tasked by General Dawgless Lee to track down Armando Pesquali, arms dealer of unspecified ethnicity, the duo will embark on a brotastic adventure, facing deadly opponents such as Commander Limpwrist’s SkullPro army and the mysterious Dude Squad.
Developed by Grimoire Assembly Forge™, a collective composed primarily of NeoGAF forum members, Dudebro™ II both parodies and pays homage to the game industry as a whole.
• Old school 2D sidescrolling shooting/slicing action, running in full HD (1080p) at 60 frames per second.
• Advanced physics, powered by Farseer™ Physics, and shader effects.
• The vocal talents of Jon St. John, starring as the titular character John Dudebro™.
• Crazy weapons and upgrades allow players to unlock previously inaccessible routes and find new secrets or gear.
• Players can explore multiple locations, and warp back to previously completed areas at will.
• Dudebro can carry more than two weapons at the same time. And a knife.
• No regenerating health – Dudebro’s Brodiocity Meter refills by behaving like a bro (killing enemies, rescuing ladies, and so on).
• The game parodies the industry’s focus on testosterone-filled AAA action titles.
• The game is developed with XNA Game Studio, and will be released on PC at a date yet to be announced.