Did you read Peter Milligan & Mike Allred’s X-Statix / X-Factor? NO? Hide yourself from the rest of society out of the deepest shame. It’s so weird and so clever and so good. Damn, I’m going to have to re-read the entire series now. Why am I bringing up a long dead series on New Comic Book Day? BECAUSE…apparently the answer to the comic book question I’ve most wanted to know (no, not what Darkhawk’s face look’s like) is: what the hell is Doop? This week’s Wolverine & The X-Men promises the reveal and for that fact along it’s the Book of the Week. On to what I am spending my money on this week:
– Invincible Iron Man is dope as f@ck.
– Happy is another Derrick Robertson/ Grant Morrison joint. Should probably settle in for a bit of the old ultra-violence.
– I hateHateHATE this new Alpha character in Amazing Spider-Man. You’re telling me that somehow Spider-Man is going to beat an all powerful teenager? Please. Peter can jump around & crack wise all he wants; Alpha (all powerful due to his infusion of Parker Particles(ugh) (ed.note: ugh.) could/should just think SM out of existence if he wanted to. Which is why I never buy PP as a threat to anything on the cosmic level. “Oh, you’ve got jokes? Well I’ve got the Power Cosmic and I just vaporized you. So kiss my ass, I’m going to space. Later bitch.”
– The “Everything Burns” crossover between Thor & JIM is really solid; interesting to see Loki literally play every side in this conflict.
– I wonder if Hit-Girl will be full of super violence and inappropriate swearing by a 10 year old girl?