Say what you will about the (ed.note: absolutely horrible) Silver Dust economy, introduced in Destiny’s latest/last expansion, Rise of Iron, but it DID introduce a way to customize your favorite guns. A pain in the ass, incredibly grind-y way to customize, but dress ’em up regardless. What I didn’t realize is that there would be an ongoing rollout of ornaments for Legendary weapons but this week’s Bungie update set me straight with sick new looks for Bad JuJu, Red Death and Thorn coming by the end of the year (with Black Spindle and The Last Word still to come!). Thanks, Bungo, for not letting me move on to ostensibly better games (I’m looking at you, Arkham Knight and The Witcher 3). GRIND FOREVER *clap clap clapclapclap* GRIND FOREVER *clap clap clapclapclap*
What sort of alchemists do Bungie employ? How did they turn a game that was straight basura from tip to tail when it was released into a completely unputdownable gem that I’ve been playing almost daily for the past year? Much as I credit Untappd for pushing me further into the craft beer rabbit hole, all credit/blame must go to the Destiny subreddit for deepening the obsession/mania. Thanks?
WHERE IS MY FLAMING ARMOR I NEED IT
This site has been around for four (count ’em) years? Damn. We’ve covered a ton of stuff in that time too (though not too recently; thanks adulthood) but the following are our Top Ten Posts of Alllllll Tiiiiiiiiimmmmeeeeeee
- MINIMALIST VIDEO GAMES POSTERS MIGHT BE THE BEST VIDEO GAME POSTERS
- FRIDAY THE 13TH! FLIX: TERMINAL INVASION
- A SINISTER TREND: HORROR MOVIES & THEIR BUDGETS
- FRIDAY NIGHT FLIX: ENTITY
- WEIRDEST SIMPSONS COUCH GAG EVER: ALL ANIMALS CAN SCREAM
- BORDERLANDS 2 GEAR: IS IT A PROBLEM IF I BUY ALL OF THESE?
- THE RISE AND REIGN OF NAPOLEON BONAPARTE….IN FIFA
- GOTcha…GAME OF THRONES INFORGRAPHICS BY NIGEL EVAN DENNIS
- NEXT STOP, KING’S LANDING: GAME OF THRONES SUBWAY MAPS
- ‘AFTER DAYZ’ SHORT FILM IS THE BEST ZOMBIE MOVIE I’VE SEEN ALL YEAR
Sooooo….guess I should be concentrating on Game of Thrones and horror movies then?
Andy Barefoot, just out there on the Internet, making crazy good data viz re: who all GoT smoked in all six Game of Thrones seasons and who did the smokin‘. So, so cool.
Looks like this, but, y’know, bigger & more interactive.